Have you been involved in a Thanksgiving Car Accident in Milwaukee?
The Accident & Personal Injury Law Firm of Emmanuel L. Muwonge & Associates, LLC., represents injured clients who have unfortunately become victims of driver negligence during the Thanksgiving holidays and beyond. If you are injured as a result of negligence and reckless behavior, the Accident & Personal Injury Law Firm of Emmanuel L. Muwonge & Associates, LLC. holds insurance companies accountable by collecting fair and reasonable compensation for your pain, suffering and disability.
Thanksgiving Car Accident and Injury Causes
- Failure to buckle up, failure to slow down and failure to drive alert
- Driving tired and disoriented
- Not following the rules of the road.
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Inattentive driving
- Driving too slow for conditions
- Not stopping to rest when fatigued or drowsy
- Following too closely
- Defective light signals
- Fogged windows and windshield
- Failure to pull over or off the road to safety
- Failing to fill up the tank and driving on empty
The Thanksgiving period is a time for highway and local travel to be with family and loved ones. It is estimated that 48.7 Million people will travel to be with family and loved ones over the 2016 Thanksgiving Holiday. “One million more Americans than last year will carve out time to visit with friends and family this Thanksgiving,” said AAA president and CEO Marshall Doney.
At Emmanuel L. Muwonge & Associates, LLC., we represent the injured who fall victim to the road carnage on Milwaukee roads and expressways. The risks associated with travel on our roads and highways are many and varied but when motorists fail to plan ahead, fail to anticipate events, driver behavior, and ongoing construction, bad things are likely to happen on our roads and highways.
Thanksgiving Car Accident Injuries & Fatalities
There is a broad range of injuries, both soft tissue and permanent injuries, including traumatic brain injuries that can lead to a life of misery and sometimes, death which characterizes holiday travel and the risks that accompany such travel on our highways during the holiday season.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) advised that traffic deaths rose 10.4 percent in the first half of 2016. Roadway deaths are increasing at the fastest rate in 50 years, and distracted driving is thought to be one of the leading culprits.
Thanksgiving Driving Tips:
- Be prepared. Make an outline of your travel with realistic departure and estimated times of arrival.
- Buckle Up. Make sure children are in age-appropriate car seats.
- Do not speed. Familiarize yourself with your travel route by checking on highway construction and trouble spots. Plan your travel route with stop breaks.
- Comply with speed limits in construction zones. Traffic patterns change due to construction. Look out for construction workers and stalled vehicles.
- Don’t be distracted. Distracted driving kills. Avoid being distracted by your passengers especially those in the backseats. Make sure your co-driver is in charge of everything unrelated to driving.
- Don’t Text and drive. Don’t speak on the phone. Let someone pick up your phone calls.
- Crash Taxes – Some localities charge the at-fault driver for costs associated with emergency response to a car accident. Fees range from $100 to over $2,000 for response services. The average cost is $200. A typical insurance policy does not cover the cost of a fire truck responding to an accident.
- Know who to call for roadside assistance and don’t leave your family on the highway stranded. Have a plan that is viable and practical. If involved in an accident, make sure that everyone is checked out at an area emergency room and follow up as soon as you get back home by seeing your family physician.
- Are you insured? Wisconsin has mandatory insurance. http://www.muwongelaw.com/personal-injury-faqs-wisconsin/Make sure you have on you at all times when driving, your proof of insurance documents. Have your Insurance ID Cards with you. A lot of jurisdictions demand you show proof of insurance in the event of an accident or, simply, when stopped for any reason.
Emmanuel L. Muwonge & Associates, LLC. Milwaukee represents motorists, passengers and pedestrians who are injured in a Thanksgiving Car Accident this holiday season and beyond.
We Wish You and Your Loved Ones, a Happy Thanksgiving and a Safe Holiday Season and Beyond.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries during the holidays or beyond call the Accident & Personal Injury Law Firm of Emmanuel L. Muwonge & Associates, LLC., at (414) 933-4144 for your Free No Obligation Telephone Consultation.
Share this Article