Rear Impact Accidents and rear end crash are a common vehicular accident in Wisconsin. These accidents impact us in more ways than one. For every 1,000,000 vehicles, 6 people lose their lives as a result of rear impact accidents. These accidents occur all over Wisconsin including Beloit, Milwaukee, Kenosha, Madison and Waukesha where rear impact accidents often cause serious, catastrophic and fatal injuries.
From an economic point of view, the cost of motor vehicle crashes for the year 2010 amounted to $242 Billion. In person to person terms, it is the equivalent of $784 per US residents. It is estimated that each traffic fatality arising costs us $1.4 million as a lifetime economic cost to society. https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812013
Why Motorists Rear End Crash into other vehicles?
Most of these accidents occur as a result of inattentiveness on the part of the rear-ending driver. Inattentiveness may take various forms and the following are some of the reasons why Motorists Rear End Crash into other vehicles:
- Speeding – Failing to observe the Speed Limit
- Traveling Too Fast For Conditions – Rain, Snow, Ice, Wind and other conditions
- Tailgating – “The operator of a motor vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicle and the traffic upon and the condition of the highway.” http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/safety/education/drv-behavior/tailgating.aspx
- Driver Fatigue – This happens due to varied reasons including late shifts
- Drunk Driving – Save lives. Don’t drink and drive. Have a designated driver.
- Texting and Driving – This is illegal in Wisconsin
- Aggressive or reckless driving – The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NTHSA) defines aggressive driving as occurring when “an individual commits a combination of moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property.”Aggressive driving is the operation of a motor vehicle in an unsafe and hostile manner without regard for others. The behavior may include: making frequent or unsafe lane changes, failing to signal or yield the right of way and tailgating.
- Negligence while driving at stop lights, in parking lots, and on highway ramps.
- Failure to follow the rules of the road.
Rear Impact Accidents occur in all of our communities and neighborhoods. Driving in any community requires paying attention on and around the roadway. Rear Impact Accidents are devastating and affect our communities in a very detrimental way given the incapacitating nature of the bodily injuries, psychological injuries, loss of time from work, loss of capacity to earn a living as a result of functional limitations, loss of the enjoyment of life and, in many cases, loss of life.
Always document and follow your doctor and therapist’s instructions. Never do what your lawyer doesn’t want you to do. When in doubt, call Attorney Emmanuel L. Muwonge.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of Rear Impact Accidents or a Rear End Crash , call For Your Free Consultation, the Rear End Accident & Personal Injury Law Firm of Emmanuel L. Muwonge & Associates, LLC at (414) 933-4144. No Fee Until We Win For You!
Share this Post