Accidents and injuries on commercial premises in Wisconsin sustained by victims on commercial premises like grocery stores, apartment buildings, entertainment places like Bars, Night Clubs, and Amusement Parks not only affect the injured party that was on the premises but also affect the general public beyond. When landlords, bar owners and other owners of commercial premises in Beloit, Kenosha, Madison, Milwaukee, Racine and Waukesha fail to comply with their legal obligations causing bodily accidents and injuries on commercial premises in Wisconsin, that failure results in an increase on the goods and services they offer to the general public.
The following are examples of accidents on commercial premises in Wisconsin:
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Apartment Accidents of Varying Types
- Falling Merchandise From Shelves of Hardware or Grocery Stores Accidents
- Collapsed Ceilings, Defective Staircase and Other Defects Accidents In Apartment Buildings
- Sexual Assaults Due To Inadequate Security at Apartment Buildings
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Guard Dog Attack Accidents – Guard Dog related accidents may arise as a result of the negligence of commercial premises owner in failing to warn the general public, failing to restrain and or adequately restrain their guard dog. These injuries may range from minimum scratches and or tear of clothing to serious facial bite marks and or broken bones if caused to run and caused to fall and sustain broken bones as a result.
- Soft Tissue – Soft tissue refers to the nature and extent of damage induced injuries to muscles, tendons, ligaments, sprains, strains and contusions. Generally, soft tissue injuries require no more than 6 months of treatments and or therapy before being restored to one’s health condition prior to the accident and accident related symptoms caused by the underlying negligence.
- Broken Bones – When you suffer broken bones, it is because you have been caused to fracture parts of your body as a result of trauma triggered by forces generated by the offending mechanism usually presumed to be under the control of all reasonable men and women and, but for negligence and the accompanying loss of one’s control, action or movement is caused to be set in motion leading to the traumatic fracturing of one’s bones.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – Traumatic Brain Injuries may be caused by a wide range of causes including physical trauma generated by virtue of the physical movement of one’s body and impact with the ground, walls, motorized vehicle and or instrumentality usually expected to be within one’s management and control.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – Carbon Monoxide is a type of gas that is colorless, odorless and tasteless. Carbon Monoxide is caused by gas leakages in the home or premises. This gas is known as a silent killer due to its nature and is known to cause headaches, fatigue, nausea and permanent injuries. Inadequate and malfunctioning ventilation from heaters along with inadequate maintenance are two of the many causes of the injuries associated with Carbon Monoxide.
- Asbestos Poisoning – Asbestos Poisoning is the result of exposure to asbestos containing material must be dislodged and or carefully moved lest the disturbance generates particles in the air you breath which is in turn breathed and deposited in your lungs. The symptoms and injuries arising from asbestos poisoning include Asbestosis, an inflammatory condition of lungs that can cause shortness of breath, and eventually scarring of the lungs that makes it hard to breathe.
- Lead Paint Poisoning – Lead poisoning is caused by the ingestion and or breathing of lead pain particles and lead paint dust. These lead paint particles are usually located in various places around homes most prominent of which are window wells and everywhere where old paint is chipping. Usually, minor children hang around windows where there is chipping paint particles and lead dust which, due to their age and related hand to mouth habits, usually finds itself in the child’s body. Lead is found in other places including gasoline that is not unleaded, chinaware and paint surfaces bearing old chipping paint.
- Swimming Pool Drowning – Nationally, there was an average of 3,536 fatal drowning in the years between 2005 – 2014. As regards to nonfatal drowning, injuries sustained may cause severe brain damage often resulting in long-term disabilities including learning disability, memory problems as well as can cause severe brain damage that may result in long-term disabilities such as memory problems, learning disabilities, and permanent loss of basic functioning required as part of the day to day living. Alerting responsible people like life guards and immediately calling 911 for paramedics is of the utmost urgency when an individual begins to be involved with the drowning process and time is of the essence.
- Assault – This may include sexual assault but not always. The owners of commercial premises owe you the duty to ensure that their premises are safe and do not harbor criminals and or individuals who commit criminal acts. Third-party criminal action like sexual assault are devastating and may have catastrophic physical and psychological symptoms and consequences.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Cord Injuries may arise from a variety of circumstances and causes including physical trauma. Diving into shallow ends of swimming pools is one example that arises from a failure to adequately mark and provide notice to the general public about the depth or shallowness of a swimming pool. Spinal cord injuries may also arise from automobile accidents and or falls that result in traumatic impacts with hard surfaces or simply physical forces and velocity which impact the body causing physical bodily injuries.
- Wrongful Death – Death may result from a variety of causes one may sustain while on premises including the physical structure and conditions of premises and or the acts of others on the premises which often are criminal actions the owners, managers of the premises ought to have anticipated in the exercise of their duties and, but for their failure, one is caused to sustain deadly force resulting in loss of life.
Accidents and Injuries on Commercial Premises in Wisconsin are always due to failure by owners and or managers to exercise reasonable care and to comply with the duties and obligations the law imposes on owners and managers of commercial premises in Wisconsin. That failure is negligence. When Negligence causes accidents and injuries are suffered, the injuries, losses including wrongful death are compensable in Cash Money. Justice is never rendered until the wrong is righted and the wrongdoer is made to pay.
If you and or a loved one is a victim of accidents, Call Us for a No Obligation Free Consultation. (414)933-4144
Share this Post